Optical Assistant or Dispensing Optician
Ayr (Practice relocating to bigger premises), with flexibility to cover other practices as required.
Urquharts is an Independent Eyecare Specialist based in Ayrshire. Our mission is to make a difference to people’s life by improving their vision. We’re a values driven business with a focus on:
- Eye Can Attitude
- Smalls Details Matter
- Care & Community
Established in 1916, Urquharts currently operates five practices within Ayrshire – Kilmarnock, Prestwick, Troon, Ayr & Kilwinning. Due to the continued expansion of our business, we are recruiting an experienced Optical Assistant or Dispensing Optician for our practice in Ayr, with a view of working in other practices as a possibility.
Our expertise is in the delivery of the most comprehensive and personal eyecare available to our patients. We take time to understand their unique lifestyle, and our personal approach ensures that we listen carefully and precisely understand their needs, offering the best solution available for them.
As an organisation, we are building a unique patient experience within the community of Ayrshire and we are looking for an individual who is looking for a challenge and wants to be part of an exciting journey.
To understand Urquharts unique business culture, to become engrained in our way of thinking and doing things, and to work with our patients in a customer focussed and caring way.
To provide the highest levels of patient care in every task that is undertaken, whether that is booking patient appointments or dispensing and fitting spectacles. The role is to support the Optician in exceeding patients expectations and to proactively deliver tasks that drive significant business value.
- An understanding of patient's visual needs and ability to take measurements for a range of different lenses
- Analysing patient prescriptions (including focimetry) and dispense accordingly
- Fit patient’s spectacles during collections, including adjustments
- Book new patient appointments using digital practice management system
- Administrative support as required by the Optician
- General customer service and exploring of the patients needs – including the recording of patient information for use by the Optician & any aftercare requests from patients on how to use and care for their spectacles
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all products and services provided by the company
- Outbound Recalls to Patients – Letters, Email, Telephone and SMS
- Processing and ordering of patients lenses from third party suppliers
- Training of other staff members as required by the company
- Cleaning of the practice as reasonably requested by the company
- Reconciliation of the NHS Statement and Contact Lens Direct Debits
- Manage inventory and order supplies as required
Depending on Experience + Bonus + Pension + Generous Holiday Entitlement
5 Days Full-time, Saturday working is a requirement.
Applications closed end of day Friday 12th March, please send your CV with a covering letter to Peter Telfer at email@example.com