Established in 1916, Urquharts currently operates eleven practices on the West Coast of Scotland – Kilmarnock, Prestwick, Troon, Ayr, Kilwinning, Saltcoats, West Kilbride, Stranraer, Eaglesham, Strathaven & Lanark. We are recruiting for an Optical Assistant or Qualified Dispensing Optician to join our team. This role would be for 4 or 5 days per week, including Saturday working. No experience is necessary, all training will be provided.
Our expertise is in the delivery of the most comprehensive and personal eye care available to our patients. We take time to understand their unique lifestyle – how they live and what they do from the moment they open their eyes in the morning, until the moment they close them at night. Our personal approach ensures that we listen carefully and understand precisely their needs, offering solutions that solve their problems.
As an organisation, we are building a unique patient experience within the community and we are looking for an individual who is looking for a challenge and wants to be part of an exciting journey.
If you think you are this person, then we want to speak to you.
To understand Urquhart's unique business culture, to become ingrained in our ways of thinking and doing things and to work with our patients in a customer focused and caring way.
To provide the highest levels of patient care in every task that is undertaken, whether that is booking patient appointments or dispensing and fitting patients spectacles. The role is to support the Optician in exceeding patients expectations and to proactively deliver tasks that drive significant business value.
· An understanding of visual perception and ability to take measurements to fit multifocal lenses
· Analysing patient prescriptions (including focimetry) and dispense accordingly
· Fit patient’s spectacles during collections – including any adaptations required
· Book new patient appointments using online practice management system
· Filing, billing and recording of all dispensing
· Administrative work as required by the Optician – including GOS online submission
· General customer service and exploring of the patients needs – including the recording of patient information for use by the Optician& any aftercare requests from patients on how to use and care for their spectacles
· Maintain a strong knowledge of all products and services provided by the company
· Outbound Recalls to Patients – Letters, Telephone and SMS
· Processing and ordering of patients lens from third party suppliers
· Training of other staff members as required by the company
· Cleaning of the practice as reasonably requested by the company
· Reconciliation of the NHS Statement and Contact Lens Direct Debits
· Manage inventory and order supplies as required
· Any other reasonable requests by an optician or the company
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: Bonus scheme
Ability to commute : East Ayrshire
Application deadline: 02/09/2022
If you think your the right person to join our team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org