Why did you get into Optics?
- After finishing my degree, I realised I enjoyed administration duties and dealing with the public, providing customer service. I worked in a Care Home as a Care Assistant during University and when I finished, I saw an opportunity at Urquharts to progress into the healthcare sector in a different way than I had previously.
Where did you study? / What qualifications do you have?
- I studied at the University of the West of Scotland and obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Society Politics and Policy.
How long have you been with Urquhart Opticians and what do you enjoy most about your job?
- I have worked with Urquhart Opticians for 6 month and I enjoy getting to know patients and helping them choose spectacles.
What is your favourite brand of eyewear and why?
- My favourite eyewear is Tiffany and Co due to the unique style of the frames.
What is your most memorable patient experience?
- I wouldn’t say I had a most memorable patient experience; I enjoy getting to know all the people who come in and providing them with patient centred care. I enjoy getting to know our elderly patients, who have come to Urquharts for many years and building a repour with them.
What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
- Outside of work I enjoy hill walking and spending time with family and friends.
Where is your favourite holiday destination?
- My favourite holiday destination has to be Rome.
What is your favourite movie?
- I like a wide range of movies from comedies, romance, war films, etc.
What is your favourite book?
- My favourite book is definitely “Feminists Don’t Wear Pink and Other Lies” by Scarlett Curtis.
One interesting fact about yourself?
- I cannot go a day without speaking to my gran and papa, I would be lost!